Being in a metropolis has its perks. Every now and then there are shows that the whole family can enjoy for Free! One of these is the Opera at the Park. They have one every year and is usually packed with families having picnics, kids playing, even dog lovers are welcome to enjoy the event with their pets. The last time I went to the same event Casey was still inside my belly and I promise I can feel him move inside me as if enjoying the music. So when we learned about it this year we just have to go. The program this year is as follows;
PROGRAMME
| Prelude to Act 1 from Verdi's La Traviata | Orchestral works |
Intermezzo from Mascagni's Cavalleria
Rusticana |
| Habanera | Bizet's Carmen |
| Votre Toast |
| Il provenza il mar | Verdi's La Traviata |
| Lunge da lei |
| Libiamo |
| Nessun Dorma | Puccini's Turandot |
| Humming Chorus | Puccini's Madama Butterfly |
| O Mio Babbino Caro | Puccini's Gianni Schicchi |
| Una voce poco fa | Rossini's The Barber of Seville |
| Au fond du temple saint | Bizet's Pearl Fishers |
| Flower Duet | Delibes' Lakme |
| Barcarolle | Offenbach's Les Contes d’Hoffmann |
| Voi che sapete | Mozart's The Marriage of Figaro |
| Special performance by the SLO Children’s Choir |
| The Sound of Music | From The Sound Of Music, by Rodgers & Hammerstein |
| Getting to Know You | From The King & I, by Richard Rodgers |
| I Feel Pretty | From West Side Story, by Leonard Bernstein |
| Not While I'm Around | From Sweeney Todd by Stephen Sondheim |
Artistes and programme subject to change
Programme not in order of performance
This concert is subject to weather conditions |
I especially love the SLO Childrens performance. I kinda wanted Casey to develop the interest in music and singing and hopefully join a chorale when he is older.
The husband took wonderful pictures that day too.Captured the vibe of that day perfectly!
It was a humid yet relaxing day to listen to good music and enjoy a wonderful day at one of Singapore's best parks.
No comments:
Post a Comment